“Most hotel apps are DOA and still tons of click-bait headlines exposed”
00:04 – Robert Cole Joins
00:09 – Robert discusses his issues with his recent car rental issues
00:23 AirBnB Lessons in scaling 100X
00:36 Roberts Skift article about Hotel apps and how they need a major overhaul.less that a 1/5 do more than one thing, with only 6% try to do everything. Great stats about updates cycle for the apps and what was ‘left for dead’
00:46 Oracle takes on the Micros integration issues.
00:51 US Hotel demand hits all time high
00:56 How to optimize snippets for voice search.
01:01 The somewhat fluffy article about proper OTA balance to direct channel, more of a clickbait discussion in the article.
01:05 HSMAI discussion and whats happening
How to optimize featured snippets for voice search
1. The Most Egregious Rip-Off I’ve Seen in Recent Years – Thanks, Dollar Rent a Car
I wanted to change my drop-off from DCA to IAD (Same Dates/times – both WAS area airports). If my two-day rental for a Mid-Size SUV was $93.45 total, what was the new price?
8. Kempinski Hotels Build a Fast, Responsive Website Using Insights from Google’s Site Speed Tools
9. Bad UX: How booking.com deceives clients
10. Or, if we want to dive into the OTA-Direct Debate (again)…
1. Ideal distribution plan balances OTAs, direct channels